A hidden away gem just 10 minutes from the beautiful city of York. Hazlewood Castle lets you step back in time with its unique medieval architecture, historic decor and breathe taking gardens. Get lost in the views that draw you in, and escape in the woodland area which is steps away from the fairy light entrance. After shooting several weddings at this location, I can certainly see why couples fall in love with this place as they drive up the winding driveway.
And one of the best things about this venue is it is beautiful all year round. I have shot weddings in all weather conditions and there is always a beautiful area, inside and out, that you can get your couple photos done. Also, you have a few options of where you can say I do! The chapel on site is very beautiful for a traditntal wedding, the main hall inside the venue has beautiful big windows flooding the room with natural light, and you can also choose to have a woodland wedding outside.
If you are thinking of choosing this as your venue to celebrate your special day, I would 100% recommend you go look round it. Seeing it in person is really special and everything you need is all found on site.
A few pros?
- The decor inside and out is just stunning
- Accommodation for a plenty guests
- Located at the end of the A64 so options to stay in either Leeds or York if not onsite
- Different options for ceremony location
- Brilliant staff, from the wedding coordinator to the waiters
- Lots of areas to the venue, so it is awesome come rain or shine
- Spa on site to have some you time the day before the wedding
Check out the venue for yourself: